Sunday, February 20, 2011

My new do

So I've never been one of those girls who is really good with hair and can do lots of fun things with it.  I've always wanted to be, though.  I love cute hairstyles and I get so bored with the same thing all the time.  I do mix it up with curly and straight but that's about it.  I guess that's why I have so many headbands-- they just add a little extra something.
I've always wanted to be able to do my hair with a side braid.  It's very "in" right now and I see girls with it all the time and wish so badly I could do it.  I decided today to learn how once and for all.  The one problem was that I have tried time and time again to french braid my hair and I just cannot do it.  I can't ever keep the hair tight enough for it to work.  So, I tried several times on my own today without success until I finally called Grant over to help me.  With an extra set of hands (and a few tries together) we were able to french braid my hair!  What are husbands for if they can't help you look pretty?  Just another reason I'm glad to be married to him.  We were very proud of our work and went to our friends Kelsey and Trevor's wedding reception.  Maybe someday I'll be able to get it down on my own :)



3 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

AWESOME job Katie and Grant! Katie you look beautiful with hair any way but I do like your french braid. Do not give up. Melissa would do Amanda's all the time and I thought it was so cute but I was all fingers and little hair in them but I kept trying away at it and ONE DAY I finally got it down!

Amanda said...

I'm the same way. I guess I've never tried enlisting Ben, that could be interesting! I might give it a try :)

Eve said...

That is true love. Grant is going to be a cool dad who can do his daughter's hair. You should have him practice doing your makeup too! :-) <3