Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Mine

So I've decided that Valentine's Day is way more fun when you actually have a valentine.  I've always loved this holiday ever since I was little, but today was extra special because I had someone to share it with.  We were able to do special things for each other throughout the day and that made it a lot of fun.
This morning I made cinnamon pancakes for breakfast.  You can't tell in the picture, but they were actually pretty pink in real life.

At school I was able to handle all of the craziness and was actually pretty spoiled with treats from my class.


Then at home, the spoiling continued with gifts from my wonderful husband (oreos are my favorite)!


While Grant was at work I decided to be brave and attempt to make some Hmong food.  He was very surprised when he came home and had pho waiting for him.  I was very surprised that it actually turned out.  It actually wasn't too bad.  


For dessert we had cookies and ended the evening with hot chocolate.  I ended up making enough cookies to feed an army, but we only had enough energy (and enough of an appetite) to decorate these.  I'll probably decorate the rest tomorrow and give most of them away.



We hope everyone else had an enjoyable Valentine's Day as well.  We love all of you and are grateful to have you in our lives!!




1 comment:

Barb Zinn said...

You two are amazing to do all that plus work, school! I am impressed and glad it was a grate day! Love you both!