Wednesday, September 14, 2016

summer catch up

Once again, I'm way behind on my blogging! So, once again, I have a ton of photos to dump onto the blog ;)
We had an awesome summer full of playing, relaxing, and swimming at least 3 times a week ;) It was perfect!

When we got back from our trip to Fort Wayne, Emily started in swim lessons. I thought she would love it because she swims all the time and does so well with her puddle jumper... I was wrong :( She was so excited the first day, but as soon as she found out she would have to actually go under water her attitude changed. She cried day 2 through day 5 through the entire lesson! It was only an 8 day class, so she cried for most of it! I was proud of her though, because she never fought the teacher and never ran out of the pool to me. She just kept saying, "I don't want to go under water today!" But she still did it and for the last 3 days she got up her courage to get through it without crying! It was one of the hardest things I've had to do as a parent so far-- seeing her go through something that was so scary for her, but I really am so proud of her for never giving up! And thanks to Ms. Lori for being so patient with her!!

her face at the beginning of the week

sheer panic when she realized she was about to go under water

her face at the end of the week... big improvement!


^this is how Addie felt about swim lessons ;)

Midway through the summer, my oldest sister came into town with her family. Her youngest daughter is only 2 years older than Emily so they have fun playing together. The kids decorated cupcakes, went on a trip to build-a-bear and had a lot of fun playing in the rain!

all 5 siblings were in town, so we went out for a siblings lunch






We rarely get to go out with just the adults in the family because someone's always babysitting the kids. We made an exception while Wicked was in town and all went out together. We went to eat at Brennan's and then they took us by bus to the theater. We were the first ones on the bus, and we found that it was a party bus! My brothers had some fun practicing their pole dancing moves before more people arrived. It's the hardest I've laughed in a long time!! We had so much fun going out all together!




On the last week of summer we had a vacation bible school with our church. This year it was Egypt themed, and I got to help run one of the shops. Emily was also old enough to participate in one of the families this year and she had a blast! I thought she might be worn out by the last day, but she loved every second of it! She was so sad that it wasn't going to continue after the week was over!






Addie got to hang out in the nursery all week and they made Egyptian bracelets one day


love this girl! she was one of Emily's best friends during the week!


More summer fun:


Addie's still super snuggly, but she hardly ever wants to cuddle with Emily. Emily was showing her some affection while she could ;)





Uncle Stevie and Aunt Shianne took Emily on a movie date


my morning workout buddies

washing the golf cart

Grant celebrated his 29th birthday!

sometimes, when Addie gets really mad, she strips off all of her clothes!



And here's a whole series of Addie's "cheeeeese" face, because I have about a hundred of them!! Love that girl!
















2 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

Those two girls are precious and so adorable! Thank you for the blog posts. It makes me feel a little closer to them. Such good parents you both are to Emily and Addie. I LOVE THEM BOTH (and their mom and dad!)

Fleming and Jeff said...

You are Super Mom to keep this blog up and recount so many memories! I love your girls!