Thursday, June 30, 2016

18 months!

Last week, Addie had her half birthday! She's growing up so fast! I felt like time went by so quickly with Emily, but it's going even faster with Addie! She's talking A LOT more than her sister was at her age. I think it's because she has an older sibling to keep up with ;) She can mimic most words that we say and is saying more words without prompting each day. It's so fun!
Addie is still the snuggliest kid I've ever met. She always has to cuddle right after waking up and will come to me very frequently throughout the day to get in her snuggle fix.  I will really be heartbroken when this stage ends :(




she can't sleep without her blankie






While Addie still needs to get snuggles, she is pretty independent in many other ways. She sometimes likes to be held, but refuses to hold hands while walking. And she still loves to feed herself. She has a major sweet tooth and will be instant friends with anyone who offers her candy!



I know I've mentioned her love of dress-up before, but she is really developing an OBSESSION with jewelry!! She loads on the bracelets and necklaces and wants to wear them all day. If you're wearing a necklace, she might try to take it from you. And like her sister before her, she doesn't like to leave the house without a headband and shoes ;)





This summer, we've been living in the water! We go swimming several times a week and Addie is a huge fan! When I ask her if she wants to go swimming, she starts trying to take off her shirt and says, "off!" Then she leads me to where her swimsuit is so she can get ready. She loves playing on the big step at Nana's house and likes when she's in a float or someone's holding her to lay her head back in the water so she can listen to what it sounds like underwater.




While Addie is still my sweet angel for the most part, she definitely knows how to get herself into trouble! She's always climbing on things and making messes! She's recently discovered how to pull hair and bite :( She doesn't do it because she's mad, but because she thinks it's hilarious. She'll come to me with huge wads of Emily's hair, while Emily's sitting behind her in tears. Poor thing! I need to discover how to put an end to it! 



Addie started in the nursery last week at church! She did great! Hopefully it stays that way ;)








2 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

What a sweetheart she is! I am excited beyond words to be spending time with each of you! Hoping Addie wants to give Grandma Barb some of those HUGS! )))))))))

Amanda said...

What a sweetheart!