Thursday, June 9, 2016

spring has sprung

Wow! I cannot believe that we are already halfway through 2016! For Texas, this spring has brought rain, rain, and more rain! In April, my parents went on a trip to China for 2 1/2 weeks, so we held down the fort at their place and took care of their dog while they were gone. We were glad to be there when the first storms hit, because they have a generator that kicked on automatically, so while our house was out of power for most of the day, we were fine at my parents' house! The road in front of their house did flood though, so we were stuck there for half of the day. We were on vacation last week (another post to come about that), but Houston has continued to be hit with more rain and it's been crazy!




A few weeks before my parents left for China, they got a new puppy! She's adorable and loving, but like any puppy, she's very hyper and likes to jump and chew. It's taken Emily a while to get used to her. Addie does great! The house sitting helped a lot with getting Emily more comfortable with her. The dog (Nala) is still learning and getting better, but I'm so glad my parents got her. She completes the picture on their beautiful property!



Emily loved sleeping in the bunk room!



their favorite part of staying at my parents' house was emptying Nana's drawers every.single.day!


doing our chores and checking the mail for Nana and Papa

My brother, Danny, came in town to visit again. The girls always have so much fun with their uncles! We took advantage of the sunny days by swimming and playing outside. We also took a group trip to my dad's office for a little visit :)











Right after Danny went back to Saudi Arabia, my other brother, Stevie, moved back into town with his wife, Shianne. We spent a couple days helping them get settled and putting together furniture with them. We're so glad to have them back!




Nana helped entertain the kiddos while we worked

We threw a baby shower for our friend, Lindsey. It was a twinkle twinkle little star theme, so we were able to reuse some things from Emily's birthday party. Everything turned out really cute and we had a lot of fun!










With the end of the school year came our last day of our preschool co-op and my students' final piano recital. Now I'm gearing up for teaching my preschool class in the fall!


we're going to miss this cute group of kids!



Here are a few more random pictures from our fun spring!

celebrating my birthday dinner at BJ's

my piano students left a little note on the whiteboard ;)

Emily's learned the joys of wishing on dandelions... she calls them "wishing flowers"

mother's day!



who let her garden in her jammies?

working out in her "superhero bird costume"

family trip to ikea!

because I know I'm going to miss this ^^









No comments: