Saturday, January 24, 2015

one month

Our little angel turned 1 month yesterday!!


-Addie is growing to be a big girl! She started out just a few ounces bigger than Emily at birth and now she's a whole 2 lbs bigger than Emily was at 1 month! That's so crazy to me! She's growing so fast and it's killing me. She's already out of newborn diapers and clothes. Slow down time!!

Emily at 1 month

-She's a big cuddler! Her favorite position is up on someone's shoulder like she's being burped. She falls asleep really fast in that position and could stay like that all day long. I'm soaking it in right now, because I know that won't last forever!





-Addie's already started giving some real smiles. She's been doing the gassy and sleep smiles for a long time and she likes to smile at the ceiling fan in my mom's house. Every time she sees it she stares at it and gives it coos and smiles. Just a few days ago she started doing the same thing for me. She doesn't do it every time yet, but about once a day she'll look straight at me for several minutes and talk to me with lots of smiles. I love it and am excited for more to come!





-She's incredibly strong! I'm amazed at how far she can already raise her head and how long she can hold it up on her own. Tummy time is kind of hit or miss with her. She either enjoys it or screams the whole time!




-Addie puts up with a lot from her big sister! Emily always wants to get right in her face to talk to her and is always checking on her when she's sleeping. She prefers Addie to be awake so she tries to wake her up when she's sleeping. She wants to take care of her, not realizing that her "helping" is often actually hurting. And occasionally she does try to hurt her on purpose :( Especially when Daddy's finally home after a long week and Emily wants all of his attention! We definitely have to keep a close eye on her whenever she's close to Addie!







-Overall, Addie is an incredibly easy baby! She hardly ever cries at all and she's eating and sleeping really well (although she's a bit of a restless sleeper and makes loud noises in her sleep that make it hard for us to sleep sometimes). This week, she has started to get a little fussier in the evenings. I was thinking it might be reflux, because that's how it started with Emily. I ended up taking her to the doctor yesterday so I could nip it in the bud. She said it could be reflux and went ahead and gave me a prescription, but I haven't used it yet because she said it could also be because I'm taking antibiotics for a breast infection I had earlier in the week. Because her fussiness isn't too bad and it's only in the evening, I'm okay holding off. The whole time at the doctor's office, Addie didn't cry even once! I was so proud of my little trooper!

she LOVES bath time!

look at those juicy lips!!

she loves the touchdown pose, just like Emily did

my little beauty


And I know it's old news now, but the photographers at the hospital put together a little video of our hospital stay and we love it, so here it is:


1 comment:

Barb Zinn said...

SHE IS ADORABLE! ........ the entire blog & video brought tears to my eyes. she is so perfect and loved the pictures of the two girls together.... they will be such 'friends' as they grow up and OH THE ADVENTURES you will have with them. I am so excited for your family and look forward to the day I get to meet Addie and see her in person. For now thanks for the updates :)