Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's a GIRL!!

Well, everyone already knows by now that Grant and I will be having a girl in September.  We couldn't be happier!!  Grant has felt the whole time that it was a girl, but I couldn't make up my mind.  Now we know for sure!!  The ultrasound was amazing!  It's unbelievable the kinds of things they can do with technology these days.  We were able to see all of our baby's little features, as well as all four chambers of the heart, the blood in her body, the amount of fluid in her organs, etc.  It's incredible!  We were very happy to hear that our baby is doing well.  During the ultrasound, our baby kept moving around to different positions.  One minute she would be curled up with her feet completely over head, and the next she would be spread out.  It definitely made for fun pictures!  I'm finally feeling her move.  I've been feeling little flutters for several weeks, but for the past few days her movements have been much more obvious and definite.  It's so much fun getting to feel her move around inside of me.  Here are some pictures from her ultrasound:
curled up in a little ball

lying flat

She's pretty cute, huh?  It was hard to wait after the ultrasound to know her gender, but I'm glad we did.  We had a fun party with a bunch of our friends out here, and it was great that most of our family could be on to see it live as well.  We had everyone vote and the Parker and Zinn family were the only groups that had the majority guess girl.  More of our friends guessed boy and a great majority of my students thought it would be a boy.  It was funny, because they all thought since they voted for boy that meant it had to be a boy.  Sorry guys!

treats!!




It's a girl!!!



team pink

team blue

We couldn't be happier!!  It's probably a good thing I only have 4 more weeks of school because all I want to do now is plan, plan, plan!  We're so excited!
I'm now at 20 weeks and the baby is getting bigger and bigger!

Grant's also having some sympathy symptoms :)


Thanks to everyone who was able to come and support us at our gender reveal party and to everyone who tuned in via google hangout.  We're sorry to those who weren't able to make it, but appreciate all of your love and support as well.  We can't wait for Baby Zinn to meet all of you!  

P.S.  We are not set on any girl names at this point.  For now, Grant is calling her Sha-nayla or Roverette, while I am calling her Sequin because a girl in my class suggested it :)  




4 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

Needless to say we could not be happier!!!
AND the "zinn tradition continues on"!

Amanda said...

love it!Katie, you look adorable. Grant, I love your stank face in your picture.

Cameron said...

Dang Grant! Turning into a little chunk!

Jenni McCarty said...

Is it just me or is Sequin a great name? HA HA. Just kidding. Creative kiddoes in your class though. Can't wait to see what name you pick. Parker, perhaps? :) I'm sure she'll be gorgeous just like her mama, and I'm so excited to make you little girl goodies. Ya look great!
Oh, and I am hurt that I was not included in the gender reveal. HA HA! See ya soon Little Girl Zinn. Can't believe my baby cousin is having a baby of her own. I'm so old. :)