Monday, April 23, 2012

the big apple

After being apart for 3 months while I was doing an internship, Katie and I were really looking forward to our vacation together to New York.  I realized going while going through our pictures that we have A LOT so I'll try and post some of the highlights of our trip.

This is a restaurant on top floor of our hotel.  It was on a wheel that rotated around the entire building in an hour, so it was pretty slow.  It was kind of weird because it was buffet style, so every time I got up to get something to eat, it took me a minute to find where my seat was!


Times Square - you could drink the water! 


NBC Studio - the logo is full of M&Ms! 


Lego store - yes, the dragon was made out of legos.  I was tempted to jump on top of the dragon... 


Rockefeller, as seen on the Today show 



FAO Schwarz, i think it's the biggest toy store in the world.  I had to save Katie from the elephants.  They wanted her baby I think. 



Central Park - it's really big! 


I caught the pregnant girl trying to satisfy her cravings 


Hard Rock 


Times Square - this picture doesn't do it justice.  It's crazy how many advertisements light up the sky here. 


May the odds be ever in your favor! 


It rained on our bus tour. 


This is the part of Wall Street that a lot of protestors used to be at 


One of the new World Trade Center towers.  It just passed the height of the Empire State building when we were there. 


The tall brown building has no windows.  I'm convinced it's some sort of CIA building 


I thought the Don't Honk sign was pretty funny.  But the parts of the city that don't have this law, New Yorkers are not bashful about using their horn! 


A cool shot of an alley in China Town 


Katie wants to move to this part of New York 


A very small statue of liberty 


The M&M store 



They had every color imaginable (about 4 or 5 more walls like this with different colors) 


This was most certainly the highlight of our trip.  I absolutely loved Wicked!  I recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.



3 comments:

Amanda said...

awesome! I'm a little jealous!

Breeanna said...

I'm absolutely jealous I have never been to New York & want to go so badly.

Barb Zinn said...

HOW FUN!