Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Announcement...

I have an announcement to make....  I am a pinterest addict.  I have recently been spending the majority of my free time pinning recipes, teaching ideas, and things to do with my future children (no... we're not pregnant.  The post title was Grant's idea!)  The rest of my free time has been spent creating those recipes, teaching ideas, etc...
I have also taken up an interest in crafts, which surprised me because I have never considered myself to be a crafty person.  With my mom here this past weekend, I had enough confidence to take on some of the projects that I was too scared to do on my own.  And they turned out so cute!!

I have a goal of making enough homemade wreaths that I will eventually be able to have one up throughout the whole year.  Because Halloween is coming up I started with my halloween wreath.  I go the idea from pinterest (of course) and you can find the inspiration here.
Here's a picture of our finished product!
Of course, we won't put it up to stay for a few weeks :)

The next task, to be honest, was completed solely by my mom.  I helped her pick out everything for it, but she was nice enough to put it all together while I was at a bachelorette party.  We've had a lamp in our living room that my wonderful younger brother put together for us, but it was a little bit boring.  I wish I had a before picture to show the full effect, but it was just a plain off-white lampshade.  
Here's how it looks now.


I love it SO MUCH!!!  It really adds a lot to our place.  I find myself staring at it pretty often.

Thanks mom for your help with these fun crafts!

While my mom was here she was able to come visit my classes and sing with them.  They were completely captivated by her, just as I knew they would be.

I'm so glad she got a chance to know my precious students and that they were able to meet her and enjoy her so much.  I'm looking forward to a great year, with many more crafts to come!



2 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

LOVED the entire post!
Your lamp is darling
Wreath....so cute
I LOVE decorating for "events".....it just adds to your home.
Y O U are amazing Katie and it looks like it was passed down to you from your mother! :)

Amanda said...

You guys are naughty! Grant is crying wolf too much everyone will doubt when it's true!! :)
I LOOOVE Pinterest and all the fun things you find.