Saturday, August 6, 2011

0 for 3

Since I've known Grant, I've never been able to spend a birthday with him.  Two years ago, he went home for his birthday.  Last year, I left the morning of his birthday to visit family and he ended up making his own birthday cake :(.  And this year, I left the day before his birthday to attend my grandmother's funeral.  I am LOVING being with all of my family, but I am sorry that I'm not there to celebrate with my husband today.  BUT unlike last year, Grant and I were able to celebrate earlier and he did NOT have to make his own cake this year.


Grant was actually pretty lucky because we celebrated his birthday over several days.  We enjoyed his cake on Wednesday, went out to eat and opened presents on Thursday, and enjoyed breakfast in bed on Friday.


Even though you're not able to be here, we're definitely thinking about you and missing you on your special day (note:  we're looking at another camera in this video, but the sound didn't work)





I'm so grateful to have Grant in my life!  He does a great job of treating me with appreciation and love.  He is dedicated, insightful, and helps me learn and grow.  Grant never fails to make me laugh every day.  I'm sorry again that I can't be with you for your actual birthday.  I love you!  Happy 24th!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!! So cute, Katie. I'm sorry you have to be away, especially for your Grandma's funeral. I hope you're doing okay.
Cute celebration though! Is that the Hunger Games series I see on the table?! Loved those.

Barb Zinn said...

How nice.....it looks like Grant is having a birthday week of celebration! Katie it seems you both treat each other with kindness and appreciation.