Sunday, March 6, 2011

handyman

So, I had my first home repair! I've put up many picture frames, a curtain rod, and other furniture but this was my first real repair! The rod in my closet bent (yes, it was metal!) It was pretty weak when we moved in but over time, it completely collapsed. As you can see in the picture below, my first attempt was to jimmy rig it with some duct tape. That worked for a couple hours but it collapsed again :(



We ran to the Home Depot to get some supplies to do the job right. I tried to convince Katie that I needed a saw to cut my own rod but she cleverly picked out a rod that was adjustable :) (although she said I can get one some day!) We got home and I went to work. I used my new drill and drilled lots of holes in the wall and in the rod itself and walah! This sucker isn't going anywhere! I'm pretty proud of my work!




2 comments:

Amanda said...

1. That's adorable. 2. Ben loves to try to fix everything with duct tape and it's drives me crazy. 3. The JOY of living in an apartment is that you can call maintenance so they pay for and fix those things!! :)

Barb Zinn said...

OH MY GOODNESS.....how I laughed when I read this! Not your handiwork as it is excellent but that "ZINN" thing with Home Depot and TOOLS! Just wait until you get your first home and all the runs you will make to Home Depot! Katie consider this a warning.... sometime they get lost there for HOURS! :)