Monday, June 1, 2015

playing catch up

I was going through pictures the other day and I realized that it's definitely time for another catch up blog! I feel like our life has been a whirlwind lately, jam packed with so much fun and crazy stuff! Here's a peek into our lives the past few months... get ready for A LOT of pictures!


-In April, Grant took Emily on a daddy-daughter date to see Frozen on Ice. They had a great time!



-We've been having TONS of rain lately, which has left parts of Houston completely flooded. Thankfully, we've escaped most of the flooding, but it's still been pretty crazy! In between the periods of crazy rain, we do see glimpses of nice weather and we try to take advantage of them whenever we can!



she didn't want to play in the fountains until after her cover-up was back on :(


all the rain has not been good to my zinnias :(

one plant is still going strong!


-My brother Danny was home from Saudi Arabia for 3 weeks and we loved getting to spend some time with him!





-We potty trained Emily and it actually went fairly well! The first 2 days were rough, but after that it really seemed to click. We still have the occasional accident, but for the most part she's doing an awesome job!




-Emily's reward for filling up her potty chart was converting her crib to a "big girl bed." She was so excited! I, on the other hand, was a little emotional. I have a really hard time allowing my kids to grow up :( Just like with potty training, the first 2 days were tough, but it's been good since then. At first she wanted me to stay with her and would keep getting out of bed during the night. Then one night, she just decided she could go to sleep without me, so I'm very relieved!

last time in a crib!



my spot on the floor the first night

contemplating whether or not to get out of bed

she kept asking me to come in and hold her hand


-We had a piano recital for some of my students. They all did an awesome job!




-On Memorial Day, we had some of Emily's friends over to go swimming. It was so much fun and Emily is still talking about it!


poor Addie girl... I got these swimsuits before she was born, and realized when I put it on that it's way too small. I had to get at least one use out of it and get a matching picture! I don't think she'll be wearing it again :(







it's impossible to get a normal picture of these two... Emily's usually to blame ;)


-This past weekend, Emily's friend Erick had an AWESOME birthday party! His mom, Kendra, did an amazing job. Everything was adorable and all the kids had so much fun!






they decorated their own cupcakes... Emily had to have every single kind of sprinkle, of course!


look at those red, sweaty faces!


the sign of a good day!

-More miscellaneous pictures:


because who doesn't wear uggs with a swimsuit?

play date at nana's house and they're being put to work ;)




helping nana move the rug


teaching Addie her letters




dress tucked into the panties ;)

she's been going through a cuddly phase again... I'm not complaining!


Thanks again, Shianne... she's a pro at the duck face ;)

she hopped up and said "bye bye!"

rocking mommy's headband

somehow this gem escaped the 5 month blog


she said "we're astronauts! let's go to the moon!"

she's just seeming so grown up to me!

-I thought I'd end with a few Emily funnies... 

             -toward the end of Danny's trip, his hair had gotten really long. The day before he left, he got          a haircut and when Emily saw him she said, "Nanny, where's your hat?"
             -I was rocking Addie in her nursery. Emily found one of her old pacifiers, put it in her mouth, laid on the floor and said, "waaa, waaaa, feed me mommy! I want milk!"
            -Emily sat across from Addie on the floor and rolled a ball to her. She told Addie to roll it back. I told her Addie didn't know how to do that yet and she said, "Just try Addie. Try it!"
           -Emily was sitting in her high chair the other day and she yelled across the house, "Grant! I need you!" I wonder where she learned that ;)          




2 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

Oh Katie, you have no idea how much I enjoy these blog posts. Being so far away makes them seem so close at hand and I am able to enjoy their personalities through your blogging! THANK YOU!

skcoe said...

Can I just say how delicious your kids are?! I love them. Fun to see them in action!