Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy's Day

Today is Father's Day, so I wanted to take the time to express my appreciation for my sweet husband, Grant, and the wonderful dad that he is.  I always knew that Grant would make a great father, and since we've had Emily he has done nothing but prove me right.  Watching them interact is one of my very favorite things.  She ADORES him!!  We went on vacation this past week and toward the beginning of the week, I was starting to think she liked him more than me.  I was starting to get a little jealous :)  but, then she got sick later and the week and decided she needed her mommy.  So I'll say we're equals in her eyes.  She goes to daddy for all of the fun and games, but she still seeks comfort from the mama!
Here are some highlights of Grant and Emily's great relationship:


They play together...











He spoils her...





They cuddle (although, her cuddly moments have become few and far between so we have to enjoy them when they come)...







They have deep, meaningful conversations...






They read stories...









They give each other kisses...



And as I said before, she absolutely adores him!




Happy Father's Day, Grant!  Emily and I love you so much!!




And, of course, this post wouldn't be complete without a shoutout to our wonderful dads (and Emily's grandpas)!





And my grandpa! We were able to visit him on our way up to Branson last week and it was his first time meeting Emily.  This is the only complete 4 generation line we have on my side of the family.  We love Papa Joe!












2 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

LOVED your post Katie! Thanks for sharing the pictures of Grant and Emily! such a fun family you have :)

Fleming said...

Emily sure does love her Daddy! She's already got him wrapped around her finger:-). Mt favorite picture in this post is where Emily is giving Grant a kiss - so sweet!