Sunday, July 24, 2011

the boy who lived

For those of you who don't know where the Leaky Cauldron is, how to get rid of a dementor, or what is so awesome about being able to apparate, you may not appreciate this post very much.

Katie and I completed the Harry Potter journey this past weekend by seeing the final movie that came out last week. We don't usually see regular priced movies but this was an exception. But we couldn't just end the series by merely going to the movies. We had to prepare for this epic finish. I wanted Katie to finish reading the last two books before going to see the final movie. After all, I think that one can't fully appreciate the movies until after reading the books. Katie wanted us to watch the previous 7 movies before going to see the last one. After realizing both of our wishes weren't that realistic in light of our over-anxious desires to see the movie, we settled on watching Part 1 of the last movie right before going to see Part 2 in the theaters. But Katie couldn't stop there. She had to really make the experience come to life so she made butterbeer for us to drink while watching the movie!



This is the legit stuff too. I have to say that butterbeer is one of my most favorite things now. I keep asking Katie for more of it and she always has to tell me that we are all out. I guess we'll have to make another trip to Hogsmead soon!




I just have the cutest wife! I love that she enjoys doing fun things to make our time together more memorable. And way to go Harry Potter!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You guys are cute.

Barb Zinn said...

OF COURSE.....that is how it has to be! For a "young man who grew up with Harry Potter" loving the books .......he had to marry someone who would make her husband "butter beer"! YOU GO Kaite and never stop having FUN together! :)