Sunday, January 30, 2011

One month down... Forever to go!

This blog post is a little bit over due, seeing as how our one month anniversary was almost two weeks ago, but at least I'm getting to it now.  Our first month as a married couple has been wonderful and we've been able to have a lot of fun together and enjoy being married.  It's been a lot of fun getting our apartment in order and making it our own.  We've both been really busy so we haven't been able to go out a whole lot, but we have had a few fun outings.  We're really looking forward to our ski trip this weekend!
For our first month's anniversary we decided to take a break from the work we had to do and go to a BYU basketball game.  They've been doing very well this year and it was nice to finally make it to one of their games.


We then came home and enjoyed some Martinelli's sparkling cider.  We received it as a gift and were very grateful to have it so we could celebrate.


The next night we went to a recruiting event with KPMG and there was a nametag waiting for me with my new name!  I'm so excited to be a Zinn (but I am still proud to be a Parker)!!


We stretched out the anniversary activities by going to the temple and having dinner at Olive Garden (thanks Uncle Mike for the gift card!) on Friday night.  We're excited to have been married for a whole month (now a month and a half) and can't wait to spend eternity together!


3 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

I LOVE the post Katie & Grant
I LOVE your "excitement" with each other
I LOVE your "enthusiasm" for life as a married couple
I LOVE Katie being Katie Parker Zinn and glad she is a part of our family.
YO are both LOVED so much! :)

Barb Zinn said...

that should be YOU.... not YO

Amanda said...

cute name tag! I'm glad you guys have had a good first month!